Sunday, June 6, 2010

Phase 2!

Here is a recap of what we decided to do:
1. Each person will contribute $15. to the HLC envelope.
2. Tomorrow, June 7th, is Day 1. We will continue until Saturday, Sept. 4th which will be Day 90.
3. On Monday, June 7th, weigh and take whatever measurements you want. (I'm also taking a "Before" picture, but I'm not planning on sharing it!) Be sure to record all these numbers in a safe, secure place!
4. Each person will determine her own nutritional and exercise goals.
5. Share your goals on this site as soon as possible. You can do it as a post or put it in today's comments section.
6. Keep a daily journal of what you ate, your exercise, and your feelings connected with all of that.
7. We will meet again ASAP after day 30, day 60, and day 90. On those days we will weigh and re-measure to report the changes to the group.
8. On the meeting days, we will also each report how many days we met our exercise and nutritional goals. Let's report those as two separate numbers.
9. At the end of the 90 days, we will determine who has the highest percentage of days during which their goals were met. Whoever has the highest percentage gets all the money! Ideally we'll all have 100% and will receive the money back.
10. No one will be assigned a particular day to post. Whoever goes to the site first should start the post for that day. You can share an article if you want, or you can just say how you're doing.
11. Everyone should try her hardest to post or comment each day! Even just "I met my goals" is good enough.

Did I get it all right? I'm pretty excited about this. I've let myself slip the last month or so, so this will be a good motivation to get back on track. I hope you all find it beneficial too!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, here are my goals:
    1) I'm going to do the 90 day ChaLean extreme program. I'm starting it first thing tomorrow! I will follow her exercise program and schedule exactly, and I may add a few additional walking or jogging sessions.
    2) I recently read a new (yes, they keep writing them!) diet book called "The Perfect 10." I won't bore you with all the details of the eating plan (unless you really want to know). I'll just honestly report each day whether or not I followed the plan. I will tell you that there are no free days and no sugar until my goal is met. I think free days are a good idea for many people, but I've learned that I'm not ready for them yet. I took a free day on my husband's birthday, April 16, and really never got totally on board since.
    3)I am going to start a Healthy Living journal (as Renae suggested) tomorrow. This will be a new thing for me, so I'm anxious to see how it works.
    4) I forgot to mention this in the post, but I thought it might be good to report your ultimate goal--like how much weight you want to lose or if you want to maintain. My ultimate goal is to weigh 48 lbs. less than what I did this morning. I don't expect to reach that goal this time around (although it would be nice!), but I should be at least 1/2 way there in this 90 day period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for round 2!! I for one and very excited to get going and have this great support!
    My goals for this round are going to be eating wise: Atkins again. I found good success with this last go round so figure I should stick with what works. Fitness wise: work out 6 days a week. At least 3 of those days are weight training with added cardio for a total of 2 hours working out on those day. The other 3 cardio days I will work out a minimum of 60 minutes. I would like to lose at least 30 to 40 lbs in this next 90 days. I would also like to get my fitness level to the point of running for a full 60 minutes or being able to get 5 miles done within 60 minutes.
    I am really excited and motivated and am grateful for the support! Here's to HLC #2!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I am excited for round two also. I think over the last few weeks I gained back a few pounds. It has been hard since I have been out of town for most of the last two weeks. Eating out every day is such a hardship (kidding). I am going to rework my goals and will post them tomorrow after I think it through a bit. I like the ideas that the group came up with and so appreciate the support. Looking forward to working together once again. Thanks ladies. I love to here from each of you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel dumb because in my last post I used the wrong spelling for the work "here". I love to "hear" from you every day. Sorry it pays to proofread before I click the post button not after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to say that I am going to keep the journal too! I agree that it will help alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ladies! Well, I am excited to start this up again-- I got a little lazy for a bit and I am glad to have some motivation to get on the ball again!

    Here are my goals:
    1. Attend the 6AM class at the Melaleuca gym 5 days per week. If the class is cancelled for a reason beyond my control (not because I decide to sleep in!), I can make up for it by working out for 50 minutes at home.
    2. Train for upcoming races by running 3 days per week, at least 2 miles per day.
    3. Record my daily caloric intake on Calorie Count. I have a daily calorie goal right now of 1200 calories per day.
    4. Calorie Count also has a place to record daily thoughts, so I plan to journal there.

    My goals are to lose 15 lbs in the 90 days and be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes. There is a Family Fun Run at Mesa Falls on August 28th, so I'm thinking that might be a good one.

    I think that's it! I'm excited to get started tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off to a good start. I did weights today and then 40 minutes on the treadmill. I will weigh and measure tomorrow and start from that point as I did not have time today (until I had already eaten, etc.) I assume the rest of you do it first thing in the morning also. My goals will be set depending on where my starting weight is. Unfortunatly it is a little higher that a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for getting me motivated again.

    ReplyDelete